Privacy and Cookies
- To comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Act and any other relevant legislation.
- To keep your personal information and the business you do with us in strict confidence.
- To obtain your personal information lawfully and fairly.
- To maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information in our possession is accurate and, where necessary, kept up-to-date.
- Where we choose to have certain services, such as data processing, provided by third parties we do so in accordance with applicable law and take all reasonable precautions regarding the practices employed by the service provider to protect personal information.
- To maintain appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to protect personal information against loss, theft, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Not to sell your personal information.
A. Who we are
Y.E.S. Your English School Ltd. also referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’.
Y.E.S. Your English School Ltd is a limited liability Company, registered in England and Wales with company number 11374554, whose registered office is at 1 College Yard, 56 Winchester Avenue, London, United Kingdom, NW6 7UA
Our primary website is www.yesschool.co.uk
B. What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulations as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
C. Legal bases for processing your data
We use different legal bases for processing data that you provide us:
- Contract: when you use and participate our events or services
- Legitimate interest: where you have previously used our services or attended our events or training.
- Consent: where any processing or secondary processing of your personal data is shared with third parties or where you agree to the specific use of your personal data as per the terms and conditions of the event, training or other service you are registering for.
D. Personal data we collect, why we collect it and who we share it with
We collect personal data as set out below in order to promote and provide our services.
We collect student data in order to facilitate our teaching activities including monitoring, achievement, progression and feedback. We also require this data to provide and ancillary such as track participation in our social programme. We also use this data to inform students or past students about courses and events that we believe may be of interest to them.
- Statistical: anonymous information about how many users we have, how often they visit, which pages are visited most frequently, and by what types of users, in what countries.
- Technical: personal information to remember a visitor within the same browsing session and to ensure that the interface is adapted to their device (e.g. when you click ‘remember me’)
You can turn off cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to use all the features on our websites and we may not be able to store your preferences (such as whether you have accepted cookies). This will not prevent other cookies being placed on your device unless you adjust your settings.
E. How we collect this information about you:
We collect the information listed through different channels:
- Digital/online forms
- Phone calls and correspondence
- Visiting our websites and/or social media pages
- Face to face at our reception
G. How long we keep your personal data
We only keep your information for as long as we need it to provide you with the services or information you have requested, to administer your relationship with us, to comply with the law, or to ensure we do not communicate with those that have asked us not to.
Our general retention period is five years after a record has ceased to be active.
H. Where we store your personal data
We only store your data on an on premises server.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology (SSL stands for ‘Secure Sockets Layer’ and creates encrypted connections).
We use Zoom as an online learning platform for our online lessons. No recording or data storing is performed by any member of our team or other participants to the lessons.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the safety of your data during transmission, but once we receive your data it will be used and stored securely.
I. Access to your information
We allow our staff to access and use your information for the purposes for which you have provided it to us. For added security we require all staff with medium-high data access levels to utilise multi-factor authentication.
Any third-party agencies engaged by us to carry out our services are carefully selected and required to demonstrate compliance to UK data protection legislation.
We will only share your personal information with third parties where it is directly relevant to the services you have requested. We require third parties to treat your data with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Y.E.S. Your English School Ltd. or others.
L. Your consent
While we will seek consent at the point of collecting your data, in some cases we may process data without consent when we are legally allowed to do so and where it is in our legitimate interests.
You can withdraw your consent at any time – please see section N.
If you request not to receive any further contact from us, we will keep a record so we know not to contact you in the future. This will include your name, organisation and preference not to be contacted
M. Your rights
We understand that privacy and data are sensitive and important. You have a number of rights in relation to your data. These are:
- The right of access: you have the right to access the data and information we hold about you. Please see below for details on how to request this information
- The right to rectification: we want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us using the contact details below
- The right to erasure: you can request that we delete the information we hold on you by contacting us using the contact details below.
- The right to restrict processing: you can let us know how you want us to use your data by getting in touch with us using the contact details below.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to request your data be provided in an easy to use format to another supplier.
- The right to object: you can opt out of hearing from us at any point by contacting us using the contact details below.
N. Legal information and how to contact us
The controller of personal data is the company that determines the purpose and means of processing your personal data. The controller of your personal data for marketing purposes is Y.E.S. Your English School Ltd.
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you and in certain circumstances to be provided with a copy of that information. You can request this by using the contact details below.
If at any time you do not wish to receive further information about us and our services, or you wish to change your contact details or preferences, please contact us using the details below. Please note that we will keep some basic contact information to ensure we don’t contact you again in the future. If we completely erased your records then we wouldn’t be able to ensure we don’t contact you again in the future.
Y.E.S. Your English School Ltd. Administration Office 164 Eversholt Street NW1 1BL London.
Requests will be dealt with and responded to within 30 days.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been handled you are entitled to make a complaint to email@example.com